Feeling like a warm and fresh meal I decided to invent a new soup. Vividly green with a little tang, this silky soup is a lovely light dish.
- 1 brown onion – finely chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1L stock (vegetable or chicken)
- cream or sour cream to garnish (optional)
- Wooden spoon
- Stick blender
- Sauté onion with butter and oil in pot until transparent.
- Add peas and stock.
- Cook until peas are vivid green and hot through. Do not over cook or colour will be lost.
- Use stick blender to combine all ingredients.
- Sieve soup to remove pea skins.
- Add pepper and lemon to soup and blend well.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with garnish of cream (optional).