Since finger limes are in season for such a short time, I’m making the most of them and trying them in all sorts of recipes. This quick and tasty salsa is really lovely when served with grilled, firm, white fish.
If you can’t get your hands on finger limes, just exclude them from the recipe.
- 1 tomato – seeded and finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander – leaves removed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli – seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 orange – peeled, segmented and cut into small cubes (0.5cm x 0.5cm)
- 1 avocado – peeled and cut into small cubes (0.5cm x 0.5cm)
- 1 finger lime – pearls removed
- splash of orange juice, lime juice or lemon juice
- white pepper
- Chopping board and knife
- Prepare ingredients.
- Mix cut avocado with citrus juice to prevent oxidation or browning.
- Combine all ingredients, season to taste and serve within 5 minutes.