Based on a Jamie Oliver recipe, this one is easy and quick and won’t fail to impress.
- 10 gingernut biscuits
- 60g of hazelnuts – buy the skinfree ones
- 80g butter
- 8 heaped tbsp of good quality lemon curd – if you’d like to make your own, it’ll take you 20 minutes, recipe here
- 1 punnet strawberries – sliced
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- garnish optional – you can use grated dark chocolate or something like rose sugar
- 4 Chilled serving glasses
- Small saucepan
- Food processor or go old school and protect bench with tea towel and beat with a rolling pin
- Mixing bowls
- Make cheesecake base by crushing biscuits and nuts into fine crumbs and then mix with melted butter.
- Combine mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste and whip until blended.
- Slice strawberries (for an adult version of this dessert, see below).
- Construct cheesecake by
- Evenly sharing base amongst glasses and pressing down firmly with spoon.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon curd per glass.
- Add berries.
- Top with mascarpone mix.
- If desired garnish with chocolate or rose sugar.
- Serve and scoff!
Variations and science stuff
- Make your own lemon curd – click here. Also great for gifts!
- For an adult version heat the strawberries in a small pot with a dusting of sugar and a splash of Cointreau, vodka or strawberry liquor. Allow to heat through, but not cook.
- You can buy rose sugar from “Your Inspiration at Home”.
- Make smaller versions in shot glasses for cocktail functions.